April 2020 Job Listing: Legal Content Writers – Remote
Where: Remote. There is opportunity for writers in Atlanta, Louisville, St. Louis, Spartanburg, Philadelphia, Charlotte, Portland, TN, CO, FL, AZ, NC, WA, OK, MO, NJ, WI, TX, MD, MI and CA.
Optimize My Firm is seeking a full-time content writer to create legal content for client websites. The ideal candidate will creatively create content which compassionately covers sensitive topics and compels potential clients to take action (call). We cover injury law in several states as well as some bankruptcy, criminal defense, employment law and workers’ compensation law.
A legal background is preferred but not required. If you’re an ambitious, tech savvy and curious content writer willing to do the research required to create a helpful article which adds value the reader, we can work with you.
Duties will include:
- Brainstorming content ideas
- Researching content topics
- Tracking and monitoring events related to content topics
- Creating original website content
- Editing website content
- Posting content to websites
- Updating organizational resources related to content development
- Other digital marketing related tasks
You must be able to focus on your work regardless of where you do it. Working from home is difficult without a dedicated space where you can work without distractions. Some people need the interaction of people in an office. Please do NOT apply if you are unable to work from home. Previous experience working remotely is preferred. We are a remote-first company. We do have an office in Pittsboro, NC which is available to local employees 24/7.
- Associate’s Degree or Bachelor’s Degree preferred and equivalent working experience is acceptable. English, Creative Writing and Journalism degrees are all helpful
- Desire to create content on a daily basis
- WordPress experience or ability to learn how to use the WordPress editor (an online content management platform similar to Word)
- Ability to learn and retain information about several different types of client and legal information in different states
- Ability to write about similar topics while creating unique content
- Familiarity with Google Drive (Docs, Sheets, etc)
- Ability to accept constructive criticism
- We do have an NDA and a non-compete
- Please add a quick cover letter which simply explains why you could be a good fit for this unique position and anything else that you’d like us to know about writing, law, working from home or yourself. There’s no right or wrong way to do this part!
- Paid time off
- Paid national holidays
- Work from home
Job Type: Full-time, contract will be considered case by case
Please do not call. All resumes should be sent to optimizemyfirm @ gmail.com with a cover letter which contains a brief paragraph explaining why you would be a good fit for this position.