On or around October 6, 2023, a new feature went live on Google Business Profiles (GBP) which allow law firms (and all types of businesses) to add links to their social media accounts.
Businesses which have successfully added social profiles to their GBP will now show this in their knowledge panel:
Google has been testing this feature for a while but has now rolled it out for everyone.
How To Add Social Profiles to Your Google Business Page:
- Log in to the Google Account used to manage the GBP page.
- Search for your business name to bring up the NMX (the technical name for your GBP dashboard is New Merchant Experience).
- From the NMX select “Edit Profile”:
- Under “Business Information”, go to the “contact” tab and scroll down to “Social Profiles”:
- Add in links to your social media accounts. That’s it.
Which Social Accounts May Be Added?
At the time of this article, social media accounts supported by Google Business Profile include: