Welcome to the OptimizeMyFirm Legal Marketing Scholarship.
Two students will be awarded $500; (nonrenewable).
In order to be eligible to apply for the Optimize My Firm Legal Marketing Scholarship, applicants must be planning on attending an accredited United States college or university in 2022. This is open to high school seniors who have a 3.0 GPA or higher. To apply, please include a short essay and your info as requested below.
Marketing is all about businesses capturing the attention of their target market. Their hope is that when you are in need of a product, their brand will come to mind first. After all, you would never know about the latest XYZ product without the business creating a marketing campaign to tell you about it.
We want you to create a marketing campaign following these instructions:
- Make up a personal injury law firm that represents clients who have been injured in car accidents.
- If someone in your city is injured in a car accident, you want to be the first personal injury law firm that comes to mind.
- Create a marketing campaign for your law firm that will be memorable. You can use any type of advertising medium you want (radio, tv ad, community events, billboard, Google Ad, etc.)
- Describe the campaign in detail and/or create a visual ad. What type of ad(s) would you use? What would it look like? What would it say? Why would it be memorable? Who would be the target audience?
- Be original. Steer clear of cheesy language like – “Get the compensation you deserve.”
Campaigns will be assessed based on:
- Thorough details
- Realistic applicability
- Spelling and grammar
How to Apply:
Please include your essay or a link to your creation along with the following information and email it to optimizemyfirm [at] gmail.com by May 15th, 2022. The winners will be selected and notified by June 15th, 2022.
- Name (First & last)
- Email address
- Phone number
- Current High School
- College you plan on attending
- Degree you are seeking
- Current GPA (cumulative)
- How did you hear about this scholarship?
The 2021 scholarship was a fun one. It asked for applicants to write a creative, quick story about a dog who goes to law school. Hepua’s story about Scrappy the Chihuahua was excellent. Scrappy went to William S. Richardson School of Law at the University of Hawaii at Manoa and became a Pit Bull rights activist! Way to go, Scrappy!
The 2020 scholarship asked for applicants to write a 500-word article or produce a video with a unique idea on how to market a personal injury law firm. Some applicants mentioned community involvement, which is indeed a great idea that shouldn’t be overlooked. However, Trevor’s idea was the first and only idea that utilized a physical product people could use. It’s one a law firm could give away cheaply, and it’s a product people could use after an injury.
You can read more about Trevor’s idea here: Marketing personal injury law firms with first aid kits.
This was our first year running this scholarship and the response was overwhelming. We had a lot of really great ideas. To be honest, we felt really bad we couldn’t give away 200 scholarships, as there were so many great ideas. There were many excellent submissions, essays, and videos. We’re going to have to put a lot more thought into 2021’s scholarship. If you applied in 2020 and would like to apply again next year, please save this page and revisit it again!